20 Jan A Year of Mood Swings
Genus Video Commentary
Looking back, looking ahead. Europe, the United States, and China. Genus Commentary and Perspective with Wayne Wachell, CEO and Chief Investment Officer, and Leslie G Cliff, founding partner and head of Wealth Management.
• Pick-up in manufacturing output indicates global economy could be growing again
• U.S. economy surprising on the upside, China still on course for soft-landing; mild recession expected for Eurozone
• Policymakers will ensure Eurozone moves towards healing rather than shifting towards a meltdown
• Corporate bonds preferred over relatively low-yielding government bonds and T-bills
• Equities due for a bounce on improving economic data; valuations still attractive; investors favouring dividend-payers
Thanks for watching. If you have any questions, please call your Portfolio Manager.