25 Jul Video Commentary & Perspective
Video Commentary & Perspective
A Soft Patch With Risks
Set against a backdrop of mounting U.S. federal deficits, the ongoing European debt crises, a real estate bubble in China and continuing turmoil in the Middle East, the current lull in economic growth (A Soft Patch With Risks) has added to investor uncertainty about the well-being of the global recovery.
• Global economy remains in soft patch; growth should accelerate in early 2012
• China anticipates a soft landing; U.S. in a lull; manufacturing recovery in Japan
• Eurozone debt crises, geopolitical concerns create headwinds for markets
• Corporate issues preferred over low-yielding government bonds and T-bills
• Equities hold up well; valuations remain attractive. Dividend-payers favoured
Thanks for watching. Please call if you have any questions.