Legacy and leadership for Canadian fossil free and impact investors
In 2013, we created Genus Fossil Free™
to better align the values of our clients with their investments and help address some of the world’s pressing socioeconomic and environmental challenges.
Today, Genus Capital is at the forefront of Canada’s Divest-Invest
movement with a complete suite of fossil fuel free funds that are tailored to meet the needs of investors who wish to invest in a sustainable, clean energy future.
Genus was the first investment firm, in Canada, to integrate Net Impact ScoreTM
across all of our clients’ portfolios.
Our fossil free and impact funds offer a solid, sustainable track record for institutional investors who want their investments to do more.
Committed to authenticity
At Genus, our commitment to sustainability goes far beyond our funds.
Genus was the first wealth management firm in Canada to become a certified B Corporation. Certified B Corporations are businesses that meet the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability to balance profit and purpose. B Corps are accelerating a global culture shift to redefine success in business and build a more inclusive and sustainable economy.
Genus was recognized by the Responsible Investing Association
through their 2020 Leadership Awards
as a leader that encourages sustainable investment by educating the investment market.
Genus developed and implemented a comprehensive Sustainability Policy
to guide the day-to-day operations of our business so that we consistently reflect our commitment to sustainability through:
- Offering a wide range of sustainable investments, and being transparent with our clients about the impact of their investments on the planet.
- Operating our business with as little impact as possible on the environment.
- Enabling clients to align their investments with their values.
- Empowering our employees to reduce their environmental footprint, and make a difference in the community to causes that matter most to them.
- Embracing and promoting diversity on our team.
- Educating Canadians on how their investments can be used to promote sustainability and ultimately protect our planet.
Impact through public and private investments
Institutional clients investing with Genus have the flexibility to integrate public securities with private investments to maximize their impact in a way that is best suited to their investment goals.